PDA

View Full Version : How do I make the component show on the front end?

3hills
17-07-2015, 02:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------
Topic Transfered from old forum
Hi guys,

Great looking joomla component however, I am unable to get the component to actually show on the front end. I have installed the 3x modules (top players, top rated players and playerform) however I don't see a module in the list for the master league module to show as per the screenshots on your site.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to make it work.

Please advise :)

3hills
17-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Hello,

thank you for your nice words.

For the core component, you have to create a menu item that will point to the component.
Go to --->Menu manager ---> main menu (or any other menu you have already in your site) ---> New menu item.

3hills
17-07-2015, 02:14 PM
My god.... thank you :D Working well now.

I have another question as well. Is it possible to configure the component to allow the user to simply pick the winning team in the match, rather than having to put a score for each team in?

3hills
17-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Hello

when you install the modules it should create an unpublished module Joomla administration menu -> Extentions -> Module Manager

note some of the modules may have the name Multileague

e.g. Multileague top players (it was the name for the component at the alpha stage)

3hills
17-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi Kostas,

Thanks for the reply. I was more asking about when a user puts in their predictions. Instead of having to put in a numeric score, is it possible to simply put in which team won the match?

So perhaps a checkbox or radio button?

3hills
17-07-2015, 02:16 PM
hello,

sorry my mistake i was looking on your first question. Currently there is no any option for that thing, but you can give points to users just for predicting the correct result and not on correct score and with some custom changes you can replace the inputs with 3 buttons or radio buttons and when the user press/check the buttons you will save score e.g button 1 => 1-0 button 2 => 0-0 button 3 => 0-1