--------------------------------------------------
Topic Transfered from old forum
--------------------------------------------------

Hello

thank you for your kind words, we will consider your request in future release , but this change is possible to be made by changing the core code. The code responsible for the score system is located at <joomla directory>/components/com_multileague/models/standings.php

in the function getStandings()

if you decide to make the change by yourself we could help you in some parts.
Thanks for the offer of help, I wonder if it a straightforward task to implement the following changes and provide me with the amended code?

Points awarded for correct result and scores as set-up by admin in league configuration as normal but ...
requested amendments;
Where a player predicts the correct result which IS NOT a home win, plus 1 additional point.
Where a player predicts the exact score which IS NOT a home win, plus 1 additional point.

Therefore successful home win prediction, score and results points as normal
Successful draw or away win prediction, additional rewards.

My reasons, for anyone interested are these;
The most favourable points system I found to use is, incorrect prediction 1 point, correct result/wrong score 2 points, exact score an additional 1 point.
So a player gets 3pts for exact score, 2pts for an incorrect score but correct result, and 1 point for an incorrect result.

One point for being wrong may look strange but I feel it encourages participation ~ points just for making your predictions, what's not to like?
The low points spread I feel keeps the leagues competitive. Inasmuch the leaders never get too far in front as to demoralise those nearer the bottom of the table ~ one good week and I'll be back in contention.

However, no matter how admin configure the points system, and this is true for the majority of correct score leagues, a player who wants to "play the percentages" can prosper.

Different league results vary of course, but even then home wins still account for around 50% of all results.

So ... the smart competitor just marks EVERY game to finish 1-0, in the knowledge they will be very close to the top of a league, if not number one, AND with an excellent GF, GA & GD record.
(try it on any of your own leagues!)

My proposal of extra points for away wins and drawn results should (I hope) combat the percentages tactic to a limited degree.

I hope this all makes sense, and there are no flaws in my logic?